As we all monitor the headlines regarding the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) and the actions of our government, educational institutions and the advice of our World Health Organization (“WHO”) and Center for Disease Control and Prevention (“CDC”), please be assured that Albin Oldner Law takes this rapidly evolving situation very seriously. We place a high priority on the safety and wellbeing of not only our clients and employees, but also our local community.
As reports of COVID-19 continue to spread across the state and country, our leadership has made the following immediate decisions:
Client Interactions and mediations
- Albin Oldner Law will continue to provide our professional services as expected. This includes meeting with new or existing clients in the office or by telephone at the Client’s election and conducting mediations as scheduled. We will continue to monitor the conditions around COVID-19, as to if and when it is prescribed or required that face-to-face interaction must be postponed or terminated. If you are scheduled to mediate with Judge Chris Oldner, the mediation will proceed as scheduled. If this changes, our office will notify you immediately.
- As for scheduled court appearances or hearings, we have posted the Court’s adjusted scheduling guidelines on our website and will strictly adhere to those guidelines during this time meaning that only mandatory matters will be heard by the Courts. Both our Frisco and Prosper Offices are included.
- We ask that all of our new and existing clients as well as our employees please consider the CDC’s criteria for people considered to be at higher risk, including older adults and people with serious chronic medical conditions: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/specific-groups/high-risk-complications.html.
- Albin Oldner Law and the Starwood Professional Building’s housekeeping services have increased the frequency and depth of cleaning and disinfection in our hallways, bathrooms, offices, conference rooms, common spaces and common contact points, such as doorknobs, elevator buttons, light switches and bathrooms. In addition, Albin Oldner Law will add more hand-sanitizing stations. We ask that all guests and employees exercise social distancing and cough etiquette. As recommended by the CDC – wash your hands thoroughly and often; cover coughs and sneezes with your sleeve/elbow; avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth; clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces; and Please avoid all contact if you are sick. Finally, please excuse our staff and our employees for not greeting you with our typical welcoming, friendly handshake upon your arrival or departure.
Employees and Staff
- All operations will continue as normal. Subject to the restriction above regarding illness, employees are expected to resume their normal work schedules and activities
- If you or a member of your household falls into one of the high-risk groups as identified by the CDC, such that you may be advised by a health authority not to come to work, please let our Office Manager, Kristi Moore, know.
- All employees are encouraged to practice social distancing and cough etiquette, as well as follow CDC recommendations for handwashing and the use of disinfectant on frequently touched surfaces.
- We ask that all employees address any needs for temporary alternative work arrangements and additional employment resources with our Office Manager.
- If you traveled over spring break either domestically or internationally to areas with widespread, ongoing community spread of COVID-19, you should follow CDC guidance to self-isolate for 14 days and monitor for symptoms, including fever, cough and shortness of breath. If you experience any of these symptoms, please consult with our Office Manager, DO NOT come to the office and call your doctor or health care provider.
- All domestic travel has been restricted to essential business purposes only through March 31. Any mission-critical exceptions must be approved in advance by Management.
We encourage you to visit our website at www.albinoldnerlaw.com periodically for additional information and updates. If you have specific questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.
This is a challenging time, but the health and safety of our new and existing clients, employees and our community remains our central focus at Albin Oldner Law. We continue to pray for all those across the globe and locally whose lives have been impacted by COVID-19 and for the public health officials, doctors and scientists who are working around the clock to end the outbreak.