Baleigh Cherry joined Albin Oldner Law, PLLC as an associate in 2017, where she practices exclusively in the firm’s Civil Section. Baleigh started her career as a litigation attorney at a firm in Abilene. Baleigh’s practice covers all areas of civil law, including business law, civil litigation and insurance defense.
Prior to attending law school, Baleigh attended Hardin-Simmons University in Abilene, Texas, where she received a B.B.A. in Finance and graduated cum laude. After college, Baleigh received her Juris Doctor from Texas Tech University school of Law.
While in law school, Baleigh served as the Vice Chair of Judges on the Board of Barristers Executive Board. She also competed in multiple Moot Court competitions, where she competed through all phases of a civil trial.
Outside of work, Baleigh enjoys running and skiing and loves spending time with her husband.
Licensure and Certification
- Texas Bar license, from the Texas Supreme Court, 2015
- United States District Court, Northern District of Texas, 2015
Texas Tech University School of Law, Lubbock, TX
- J.D., May 2015
- Vice Chair of Judges – Board of Barristers Executive Board
- President – Energy Law Interest Group
- Speaking Member – Traveling mock trial team
- Champion, Best Overall Brief and Quarterfinalist, Hassell National
- Constitutional Law Moot Court Competition, Virginia
Hardin-Simmons University, Abilene, TX
- B.B.A. in Finance, May 2012
- Honors – Cum Laude
- Business Editor – University newspaper
- Treasurer – Student Congress
- Treasurer – Phi Phi Phi
- Captain – Varsity Track & Field
University of London, London, England
- Study Abroad Program – International Business
Power Up: With the Growth of Wind Farms Comes a Surge in Eminent Domain Issues for Landowners, Texas Bar Journal, Vol 79 No. 3,
- McMahon Surovik Suttle, PC, Associate Attorney, 2015-2017
- Nelson & Nelson, Law Clerk, Summer 2014
- Jones, Flygare, Brown & Warton, PC, Law Clerk, Summer 2014
- Taylor County District Attorney’s Office, Intern, Summer 2013
- 104th District Court, Judicial Intern, Summer 2011