Resolving Will Contests, Trust Litigation, and Guardianship Disputes
Prosper Probate Litigation Attorney
After the death of a loved one, emotions run high. Past family problems can become amplified. Pair strong emotional responses with financial stresses – add a problem with the management of an estate in probate, an error in a Will, or the perceived mismanagement of a Trust – now you have the conditions for a lawsuit in probate court.
At the probate law office of Albin Oldner Law, PLLC, we have seen it all. We have seen families torn apart by conflict, and we have seen families approach problems with a desire to work out positive solutions despite the difficulties.
Arriving at the best possible solution is always our goal and it is one of the many reasons people choose our law firm. We bring all available tools to the table.
Estate and Probate Disputes That End Up in Court
Our firm represents executors, trustees, creditors, heirs and beneficiaries (and those who believe they should be beneficiaries) in disputes involving these and other probate matters:
- Fiduciaries failing to their duty to protect, preserve and distribute the assets of an estate. This could be an executor who wrongly removes or distributes assets of an estate during probate, or a trustee who enriches themselves through self-dealing, to the detriment of the Trust beneficiary.
- Disputes regarding the fiduciary accounting for an estate.
- Will contests questioning the validity or interpretation of a Will, as well as allegations of undue influence, fraud, duress or incapacity
- Failing to pay on debts owed by the decedent or to recovery funds owed to the estate
- Mismanagement of Trust funds, disputes regarding the intent of the Trust, reformation of Trusts, replacing and removing Trustees
- Contested guardianships, whether contested by the person over whom guardianship is sought, or contested by another family member who disagrees with the choice of guardian.
We handle legal issues concerning estate administration and ancillary probate matters as well.
Compassionate and Comprehensive Solutions
Complex and emotionally fraught legal cases involving families require both practical and compassionate solutions. At Albin Oldner Law, PLLC, we pay attention to relationships. While we have extensive experience trying hotly contested probate cases in Collin County and throughout Texas, our firm is also known for its use of mediation to avoid the time, cost and potential emotional fallout of litigation.
Get the Legal Help You Need with Probate Litigation
Unsure if you have a good case for probate trial court? We serve clients in McKinney, Celina, Allen, and communities throughout Denton County.