Plano Mediation Attorneys
Civil & Family Law Mediation Done Right
When a civil conflict or family law dispute arises, most parties won’t want to take it to court. Both sides will prefer to keep things simple if possible. With mediation, simplicity and effectiveness can join together to find an outcome that satisfies every party involved.
At Albin Oldner Law, PLLC in Plano, we proudly offer mediation services for family law and civil law cases. Using mediation, you can seek a solution that avoids serious conflicts, frustrations, and headaches. Of course, we will also do everything we can to ensure that your best interests are respected throughout mediation.
Call (214) 225-4325 now to speak with a mediation attorney in Plano.
What is Mediation?
Mediation is a confidential, private legal process that allows two opposing parties to find a solution to a conflict or dispute together. During mediation, a neutral mediator helps both parties – likely to be the plaintiff and defendant – explore possible solutions while giving clarification and insight into legal questions. The mediator does not represent anyone, does not try to influence the outcome of the mediation, and does not make any decisions for either party.
Benefits of Mediation
Is mediation right for everyone and every civil law or family law case? Due to all the benefits of mediation, it is a useful start for many different case types, so you should never dismiss it right away.
Key benefits of mediation include:
- Lower costs: Mediation is often less expensive than litigation because you don’t need to pay any costs associated with the court and trial preparation.
- Quick outcomes: Mediation usually takes less time to reach a conclusion than going to court because both parties decide when to meet for discussions, rather than relying on a court schedule.
- Fewer frustrations: Mediation encourages cooperation between the parties, which can reduce the risk of arguments and conflicts that slow down the process and destroy relationships for good.
- Improved control: Mediation gives more control to both parties by keeping important processes in their hands, rather than relying on a judge or jury to make every decision.
- More confidentiality: Mediation is kept confidential for the most part because it doesn’t go to court, where most aspects of a civil or family law case become public records.
Cases Resolved Through Mediation
Mediation can be used to solve many different legal conflicts. At Albin Oldner Law, PLLC in Plano, we use it primarily to help resolve family law conflicts and civil claims.
You should see if mediation can help with:
- Family law: To resolve a family law dispute with a lower risk of permanently damaging the relationship between both parties, such as two spouses in a divorce case, mediation should be considered first.
- Civil claims: Some civil law courts encourage or even require opposing parties in a civil case to first attempt mediation to resolve the situation, which helps keep the courts free to handle cases that must be litigated.
See If Mediation Can Help – Call Now
Are you interested in seeing how mediation can help with your family law dispute or civil claim? Start by dialing (214) 225-4325 and speaking with a Plano mediation lawyer from our firm. We’re here to show you the best way to conclude a conflict with careful and respectful mediation.