Insurance Coverage and Litigation
Get the Coverage and Payments You Are Entitled To
Insurance is governed by complex Texas and federal regulations. In addition, insurance companies often include confusing language in policies that make it difficult to know what and how much is covered. You have the right to know exactly what is covered by your insurance policy and to receive the compensation to which you are entitled under your policy.
Albin Oldner Law, PLLC is a Plano insurance litigation law firm that assists clients in securing the full compensation to which they are entitled when they file a claim for:
- Property insurance
- Homeowner’s insurance
- Liability insurance
- Business and commercial insurance
- Automobile insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
Compensation from Your Insurer
Our insurance litigation law firm in Plano and Frisco can help you and represent you in claims for compensation from your insurer. Our lawyers thoroughly review your claim and gather important evidence in support of your position. In consultation with experts, our team calculates a fair damages award. We then present a persuasive argument, backed by the facts and evidence. Typically, our lawyers are able to negotiate a fair settlement. However, if the insurer is not paying you what you deserve, we advise when trial is your best option.
You paid your premiums. In exchange, you have the right to recover compensation if you suffered damages covered by your policy. However, insurance companies sometimes do not abide by their contracts in an effort to avoid paying money to claimants. After all, an insurance company is a business with the purpose of making profits for stakeholders. Limiting payments to policyholders is one of the primary ways to hold down costs and, thus, increase profits. An action designed to withhold or delay rightful payments to the insured is considered bad faith. For example, a company may be engaging in bad faith if it:
- Does not render a decision about your claim within a reasonable period of time
- Fails to conduct a timely investigation of your claim
- Denies payments owed to you despite coverage of the damages under your policy
- Includes misleading language in your policy intended to deceive you about the type or level of coverage you have
- Attempts to settle a claim for much less than your case is worth, as determined by a reasonable person
- Exposes you to unnecessary liability by refusing to settle a claim made by a third party
- Knowingly bases a denial upon false information and facts
- Threatens to cancel your policy or raise your rates if you file a claim
- Engages in fraudulent or unlawful investigative procedures
- Suggests you do not retain an attorney to negotiate a settlement
We hold the insurer to its duties under the law and take legal action if the company acts in bad faith. Our attorneys pursue rightful compensation and additional damages associated with the bad faith conduct.
Consult with Our Insurance Law Firm in Plano and Frisco to Recover Your Rightful Compensation
Let our attorneys help you recover on damages for which you are covered under your insurance policy.