Divorce Attorneys in Frisco
We Help North Texas Residents Navigate the Divorce Process
The first steps out of a marriage can be stressful. Every decision seems overwhelming, and every path seems perilous. The decision to move forward can paralyze you for months, sometimes years. You may not even be certain that you want a divorce, after all, sometimes familiarity can feel safer than the unknown. Our Frisco divorce attorneys understand this can be a traumatic time for you. We are here to help guide you through every step of the process and help plan for a bright future.
We are here to answer any legal questions you may have about the divorce process or any other family law matter.
We Help Our Clients Reach Resolution During the Divorce Process
Our Frisco divorce attorneys want our clients to achieve their goals throughout the divorce process in the least stressful, most cost-efficient manner possible.
Every situation is unique, and we often recommend:
- Negotiation. Your attorney will engage in direct negotiations on your behalf with your spouse’s attorney to attempt to reach a complete resolution and achieve the goals you desire.
- Collaborative divorce. In a collaborative divorce, both spouses retain separate lawyers whose only job is to help the parties settle their disputes. Both spouses work together in good faith to reach an agreement without the use of a mediator, judge, jury, or courtroom.
- Divorce mediation. Your attorney represents you in negotiations using a third-party neutral that is specifically trained in family law conflict resolution. Mediation provides more privacy than the public courtroom, and there is no public record of the discussions during mediation.
- Trial. When trial is the best or only option to get the results you need, we will aggressively fight for you. The courtroom is often not the best option in a family law matter. However, when required, you deserve a team that knows how to navigate it.
Why You Should Have an Experienced Divorce Attorney on Your Side
During the divorce process, you must resolve many critical, far-reaching personal, financial, and legal issues.
We help our clients navigate through these issues, like:
- Child custody. We know that you want what is best for your child – and we do too. Our child custody lawyers focus on helping parents find a peaceful, private, and dignified way to resolve their custody and parenting time differences.
- Marital property division. Marital property division has a long-term impact on your future and, often, the future of your children. You want to protect what is yours and plan for your future. Texas is a community property state. This means that assets and debts acquired during the marriage (with a few exceptions) are considered community property. Our divorce lawyers have the depth and breadth of experience to help our clients to not only accurately value their marital property, but to advise our clients on what property division can be most financially beneficial and how to protect their assets once divided.
- Spousal maintenance. Let’s be honest, in Texas, it can be difficult to get a judge to order spousal maintenance because the deck is stacked against it. If you are concerned about alimony and believe it should be part of your divorce settlement agreement, know that our attorneys not only know the way to maneuver through the spousal maintenance maze, but also have the experience to know the tendencies of the courts.
Schedule a Consultation with Our Frisco Divorce Attorneys
Schedule a time to meet with one of our family law attorneys about your unique situation. We are happy to answer any questions you may have and explain your legal rights and options. We serve all North Texas.