Plano and Frisco Divorce Mediators
Helping You Arrive at Win-Win Solutions in Divorce
Whether you and your partner see eye to eye on many of the issues of your divorce – or you are still miles apart – divorce mediation can be a highly successful method for arriving at a mutually acceptable resolution to differences in divorce, child custody and support. Not only can you get the job done, but there are numerous benefits to using mediation for your divorce or child custody case.
- Mediation saves money on attorneys’ fees, trial preparation and court costs.
- Mediation saves time by avoiding the packed court docket that could delay your case by weeks or months.
- Mediation preserves relationships by building cooperation. In the process of finding common ground, partners must learn to cooperate and strike a balance between what they want and need, and what the other party wants and needs. For divorcing parents, this process can be helpful in building a foundation for future child-rearing collaboration.
- Mediation puts control in your hands for your divorce or custody case. You make the decisions during mediation, not a judge. You have the power to accept certain terms and to reject others. You can even walk away – and come back.
- Mediation is confidential. A lot of people don’t like the idea that their divorce settlement agreement is a matter of public record. In mediation, it’s not. The parties can agree to keep terms of the negotiations and the settlement private.
“The divorce mediators at Albin Oldner Law, PLLC have been great to work with during a very difficult time. They always had great answers and saw things from a different perspective. Whenever I got rattled or down they always picked me up and with a great sense of humor. I can’t imagine going through my divorce without Albin Oldner Law, PLLC representing me.” — P.G., Denton County
At Albin Oldner Law, PLLC, two of our attorneys are also divorce mediators— Jeffrey Yates, and Megan Rachel – who have extensive training in divorce and family law mediation to help you reach an equitable agreement in property division, support orders, and child custody. From our Frisco law office, we help couples in family law mediation throughout the area of Plano, Allen, and McKinney.
The Mediation Process
Mediation takes place in a comfortable, low-stress setting at our Frisco law office.
During a typical mediation session, the divorce mediator will talk privately with each party to understand their goals and to determine where to focus the negotiations. These conversations are confidential. The mediator is forbidden from disclosing information from one party to the other.
The mediator then meets with both sides together. You can have an attorney represent with you throughout the process if you choose. The mediator does not tell the parties what to do, but reframes and rephrases, and helps the parties hear one another. The mediator will pinpoint places of agreement that can form a foundation for additional agreements. Each party may not get everything that he or she is asking for, but by getting key concessions on their most important issues, may arrive at an acceptable compromise agreement that works.
At the conclusion of a successful divorce or child custody mediation, the terms of your agreement are drafted into a settlement that a judge can approve.
Meet with a Frisco Divorce Mediator Serving Clients in Frisco, McKinney, Plano and Allen, TX
Call Albin Oldner Law, PLLC at 214-430-4440 or contact us online to meet with one of our three family law mediators. You can also use our online mediation scheduling tool to schedule a half day or full day of mediation services.