Baleigh Cherry joined Albin Oldner Law, PLLC as an associate in 2017, where she practices exclusively in the firm’s Civil Section. Baleigh started her career as a litigation attorney at a firm in Abilene. Baleigh’s practice covers all areas of civil law, including business law, civil litigation, and insurance defense.
Prior to attending law school, Baleigh attended Hardin-Simmons University in Abilene, Texas, where she received a B.B.A. in Finance and graduated cum laude. After college, Baleigh received her Juris Doctor from Texas Tech University School of Law.
While in law school, Baleigh served as the Vice-Chair of Judges on the Board of Barristers Executive Board. She also competed in multiple Moot Court competitions, where she competed through all phases of a civil trial.
Outside of work, Baleigh enjoys running and skiing and loves spending time with her husband.
Licensure and Certification
- Texas Bar license, from the Texas Supreme Court, 2015
- United States District Court, Northern District of Texas, 2015
Texas Tech University School of Law, Lubbock, TX
- J.D., May 2015
- Vice-Chair of Judges – Board of Barristers Executive Board
- President – Energy Law Interest Group
- Speaking Member – Traveling mock trial team
- Champion, Best Overall Brief and Quarterfinalist, Hassell National
- Constitutional Law Moot Court Competition, Virginia
Hardin-Simmons University, Abilene, TX
- B.B.A. in Finance, May 2012
- Honors – Cum Laude
- Business Editor – University newspaper
- Treasurer – Student Congress
- Treasurer – Phi Phi Phi
- Captain – Varsity Track & Field
University of London, London, England
- Study Abroad Program – International Business
Power Up: With the Growth of Wind Farms Comes a Surge in Eminent Domain Issues for Landowners, Texas Bar Journal, Vol 79 No. 3,
- McMahon Surovik Suttle, PC, Associate Attorney, 2015-2017
- Nelson & Nelson, Law Clerk, Summer 2014
- Jones, Flygare, Brown & Warton, PC, Law Clerk, Summer 2014
- Taylor County District Attorney’s Office, Intern, Summer 2013
- 104th District Court, Judicial Intern, Summer 2011