Frisco Business Formation Lawyers
At Albin Oldner Law, PLLC, we’re committed to the economic growth of our North Texas communities. Wherever you are in the process of starting a new business in the Frisco area, we can help you establish a solid foundation so you avoid problems later on.
Do you have a great business idea you’re looking to fund? Are you ready to lease space or hire your first employees? Our business formation lawyers have assisted hundreds of businesses throughout Collin County from start-up to thriving.
We maintain long-term relationships with our clients. In fact, many of the businesses we helped start months, years and decades ago continue to rely on us for general legal counsel on all of their business matters. Our goal is to give your business the tools you need to succeed in all areas by being your first call for any legal questions.
Starting Your Business Off On the Right Foot
Turning a great idea into a profitable business takes a combination of ingenuity and pragmatism. If it seems like there are dozens of issues to consider, that’s because there are. With proper planning and action in the early stages of your business, you can save time, money and stress down the road. Hiring our firm provides you with years of experience to avoid common pitfalls and issues.
Our Frisco business lawyers guide you through each aspect of the business formation process, including:
- Choosing the right business structure
- Registering your business entity with the Texas Secretary of State
- Creating partnership or shareholder agreement and buyout terms
- Certifying a minority or a historically underutilized business, if applicable
- Obtaining permits and licenses
- Ensuring compliance with federal, Texas and local regulations
- Drafting employment contracts, vendor contracts and client contracts
- Handling commercial real estate transactions
Choosing the Right Business Structure
One of your first decisions in starting a new business is choosing the right business structure. Each type of entity imparts specific benefits and liabilities to your company and its owners. Our Frisco business lawyers can review your goals and consider such matters as taxation, personal liability, ownership transferability, management structure, and overall operations before advising you on the business structure that best suits your needs. We then take the steps necessary to form and register the appropriate entity.
Potential business structures to choose from include:
- Corporations: Creating a business entity through incorporation – which forms a corporation – is one of the best ways to protect business owners from liability. Corporations can take many forms, such as C corps, S corps, 501(c)(3) corps, and more. We can help you and any of your partners decide what corporation will work best, assuming this is the right business structure.
- Limited liability companies: Making a limited liability company (LLC) is another useful way to protect yourself from personal liability without the need for incorporation. In Texas, certain businesses can’t be LLCs due to special conditions in the law but might be allowed to be formed into a professional limited liability company (PLLC) instead.
- Partnerships: When two or more people want to own a business together, partnerships like a limited partnership (LP) or limited liability partnership (LLP) can be a good choice of business structure. Partnerships are beneficial in their comparative simplicity to other business structures, and they are often good choices for smaller businesses, new business ventures, or when a group of partners wants to own a business together without actually running it.
- Joint ventures: Two or more parties can agree to combine their resources to form a joint venture business, which will be established with a specific goal or purpose in mind. Members of a joint venture (JV) share responsibility for profits and losses, but the joint venture is technically its own business entity. Joint ventures can be useful if you already have an established business but want to take on a new challenge or market with another.
Who Can Help Me Decide What Business Structure is Right for Me?
The first person that you should talk to about forming a business is one of our Frisco business formation attorneys. We aren’t just here to provide counsel and guidance throughout the formation process. We are also here to help you during the initial step of deciding what business structure makes the most sense for your objectives, resources, partners, and so on.
Put Experience on Your Side From the Very Beginning
Whether you're starting your very first business, or you're a veteran, our team is ready to provide you with the legal guidance you need to get up and running. Don't wait! Call our business formation lawyers today to discuss your business planning needs.