Family Mediation in Frisco
Helping You Better Resolve Family Disputes
Albin Oldner Law, PLLC in Frisco offers a cost-effective, time-saving solution to family law disputes: family mediation. Call (214) 225-4325 to speak with a family mediation lawyer to see how this method of conflict resolution can end the legal dispute before even setting a trial date. Even if litigation has already begun in a family court of law, you can still explore your options in family mediation.
We have two attorney mediators on staff. Schedule an initial consultationto see how they can help.
What is Family Mediation?
Family mediation is an alternative dispute resolution (ADR) that seeks to end family law cases amicably before courtroom intervention is required. The family mediation process involves a trained, neutral legal professional who helps both parties explore their options to resolve the family law dispute. From start to finish, the entire process is kept private and confidential, so you don’t have to worry about third parties learning more about your personal family business.
During a family mediation session with one of our Frisco family mediators, you will talk privately with the mediator and then the opposing party will, or the other way around. The family mediator can’t disclose information told to them by one party to the other party, the court, or anyone else. Once both sides have had a chance to talk to the mediator, both sides meet and discuss solutions with the mediator remaining to answer legal questions and encourage cooperation.
Ultimately, you and the opposing party should reach the conclusion together, rather than rely on the mediator. When the resolution has been agreed upon, the family mediator will create a settlement contractor to present to a family law judge for approval.
How Do I Know If Family Mediation is the Right Choice?
Family law mediation is a good choice for many, many people who are entering or have already entered a family law conflict or dispute. It is not unusual for a court to encourage or require both parties in a family law dispute to first attempt mediation before going to litigation. This strategy is designed to keep the courts free for high-stakes cases, as well as encourage both parties to cooperate and keep a healthy relationship, even when the case is over.
Family mediation might be right for you if:
- You want to save time and conclude the family law dispute sooner than later.
- You want to save money and avoid fees paid to the court.
- You want to save your relationship with the opposing party.
- You want to maintain confidentiality throughout the case.
- You want to keep more control over the outcome of the case.
Uses for Family Law Mediation
Family mediation can be used to find amicable solutions to all sorts of family law cases, such as:
- Child support mediation: You can use mediation to confidentially discuss child support needs with our ex-spouse, which is beneficial if you don’t want your financial situation to become public record by going to court.
- Child custody mediation: We recommend family mediation for child custody cases because they are less contentious. You can reach a solution with less stress, which can make a huge, positive difference for your child.
- Spousal support mediation: To avoid heated conflicts with your ex-spouse about spousal support, consider mediation. Whether you are the paying spouse or the recipient, mediation can be beneficial.
- Property division mediation: A neutral mediator can help make the best ways to split marital clearer to you and your spouse. Keep in mind that property division mediation can cover marital debts, too, not just the property that you want.
- Divorce mediation: You can even discuss an entire divorce process in a mediation setting. The divorce settlement contract can be created in mediation and brought to a divorce court for approval.
Discover the Benefits of Family Mediation – Call Now
Family mediation could be the perfect solution for your family law case or dispute. To find out if you can stay out of court and potentially save money and time, call (214) 225-4325 to speak with our Frisco family mediators. We would be happy to talk about benefits, alternatives, and more, so you can feel confident that your case is going in the right direction.